Sunday, December 7, 2008

38 weeks and 2 days

A lot happened this week... on Thursday I ended up going to the hospital for monitoring because I hadn't felt the baby move in several hours. Of course as soon as I get strapped up to all the monitors, she starts moving all over the place and passed the Non Stress Test (NST) with passing colors. Also got to get another peak at her on the ultrasound when they checked my fluid levels. A week earlier, my fluid levels had been boarderline low at 7.5 (at 7, the hospital normal induces) however, a week later, my levels were back up to 9.9. So the plan is to wait for nature to takes its course.

Friday, I went to my scheduled OB/GYN appointment. Blood pressure was good (lower than it has been in weeks, however, the nurse said that it could be because it was earlier in the moring). The doctor did another internal and still no progress. She did say that I have a post-anterior cervix (i have no idea what that means, but I'm going to google it in a few minutes). I nearly had a breakdown when she said that I hadn't made any progress. I'm just so uncomfortable and ready to meet this little girl. My feet began to swell this week, which is an amazing side effect of pregnancy. My feet look gross!! That on top of the pressure and pain in my hips, I've been on the edge all week. The doctor told me to walk, which I've done and continue to do. Yesterday on my walk, I passed the mail women and she actually turned around to make sure I was all right and offered me a ride back to the house. I must look really pathetic!

I know that not being diluted means nothing, I could dilated very quickly and my water could break at any time. So her checking me every week, doesn't mean anything. It is just frustrating. But I'm trying to keep my mind off of it. I'm almost done my holiday shopping and yesterday I went to this place called "Let's Dish" to make frozen meals for after the baby comes. This week is kinda busy with work stuff and next Friday is my work holiday party. Who knows I might not be there to join the festivities (it is a full moon that day).

The hospital has free wi-fi so on top of letting everyone know via phone calls about the progress, I'm going to try and update the blog. So keep checking back!

4 comments:

Mom/gram said...

All I can say is hang in there Jen, it won't be long now.
I even got gramp reading your blog.


Love, Gram S.

KT said...

Yay for wifi!

Hang in there lady! She will be here soon! We're all thinking of you and sending you comforting hugz of love!

Pink Pixel Princess said...

Hang in there, its almost over, I remember home huge my toes got, I got freaked out! I let out a laugh when I read your comment. You poor thing, you'll forget all about this aweful stuff when you hold that little girl... hang on!
I keep checking everyday to see how your doing.
take care and best of luck
hugs- tracey

FMD said...

Jen - I'm glad you have a blog so I can follow your progression! I am thinking of you. I know the waiting is the hardest part. I am sooo excited for you and Micah and can't wait to hear about baby Gelman!