Monday, December 15, 2008

4 days left... still no baby

T- minus four days. Still no baby. One of my best friends, who was in my wedding, had her baby yesterday. She was due on the 17th. Mom and baby are doing well. Shosie is SO cute!

I'm officially working from home until the little one arrives, which is nice because I can't get comfortable and keep having contractions here and there.

At my appointment on Thursday, doctor said I'm effaced, but still not dilated. I did a lot of walking this weekend, so I'm hoping that things have changed. I also talked to the doctor about what happens if this little girl does not arrive by Friday. I'll go for non-stress tests twice a week to make sure that the baby is still doing okay and that my amniotic fluid levels are between 5-10. I've had it checked twice already. At 37 weeks it was 7.5 (at 7 or lower they will induce) and a week later it was 9.9, so I'm boarder line. The longer I stay pregnant, the less my placenta works to keep things comfortable in there.

I told the doctor that I REALLY did not want to have her on Christmas. It has nothing to do with being in the hospital at Christmas. It is just that I'm so sick of people saying that I'm having a Christmas baby and we should name her Noel. Yeah. I know most people don't know that I'm Jewish and it isn't something that I like to plaster out there, but I'm might strangle the next person who says it to me.

So that's the update for now. Mom sent me pictures from the shower that I'll hopefully find the energy to scan them. (At the moment it doesn't look good).

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

KT said...

Oh, and my selected day has come and gone:( We really do want to meet this little one! The suspense is killing me (I can only imagine how you must feel!) I have never been more glued to my cell phone in my life!

Congrats to Kristin & Jon for me! And yes, let's see those shower pictures!

Hang in there. I'm sure we'll be seeing her at any time! I bet she just likes to stick to her deadlines...and maybe she's waiting for it to get a little warmer *L* :P Love you!

Cyndi said...

Every time the phone rings I hope it's baby news. Glad to here you are working from home where you will be more comfortable.