Thursday, December 11, 2008

8 days and counting

In just over a week, I will hopefully meeting this little girl. I've been having a TON of contractions. Yesterday, we even called L&D thinking this was it. I had been contracting at regular intervals for about five hours and they were getting more intense. The doctor said I could come in or labor at home for a little longer, we decided on staying at home. The contractions didn't get any worse, so we decided that this wasn't it.

Still having contractions this morning. I have my regular 39 week appointment later today, so I'm just chill'n until then. I'm working from home today and maybe tomorrow. I've decided that I'm going to start my maternity leave on Monday if Baby G doesn't arrive before than. I'm really uncomfortable and can't really focus on work, plus I've handed over a lot of my projects, so I'm just waiting anyway.

Let's hope she arrives before Monday.

4 comments:

Pink Pixel Princess said...

Hang in there, I went in alot with Kailtyn thinking it was the real deal. Try to relax and get some sleep , I realize you are SO uncomfortable but you'll need the rest after the arrival.
Take Care
Hugs
Trace

Mom/gram said...

I am hoping for tomorrow the 12th for baby Gezmo. Looking for your Dr.report today.

Cyndi said...

We are thinking of you! I agree with Tracey, relax and try to rest as hard as it is because it will be a loooooooong time before you get to ever again!

KT said...

I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable! She'll be here any day now, so just keep chanting "We're almost there, we're almost there!" Stay warm, as the ladies all said, try to get some rest & just get ready for the best day of your life! I'm sending gentle hugs & soothing thoughts your way! Love you & miss you.