Thursday, November 29, 2007

Making a deposit

Micah did his first SA drop off this morning. We've been making light of the situation the last couple days, I think to try and add some humor to this often uncomfortable situation. He called to get all the information about the clinic earlier this week. They said that he had an hour to drop off the sample after it was produced, and then they hung up. The true man that he is, he didn't ask them what he was suppose to collect it in. He called me in a panic. "What do I do?" My obvious response was to tell him to call them back and ask where he could get a collection cup. "I can't do that! Can't you get one for me? You work in a hospital."

Yes. This is correct I do work in a hospital, however, I work in the marketing department. One a typically day, I don't have the need for a urine cup in my office. Luckily I know a women who works in one of the OB/GYN offices and she gave me two cups. Talk about an embarrassing conversation to have with co-work. She was cool about it, but still awkward.

As many people know, with a SA, DH had to abstain from sex for 72 - 96 hours. So we were trying to get in one more bedroom session before he had to going into waiting period to see if we could get pregnant on our own this cycle. I, of course, O'd late this month and by last night, thought that I had missed my O with the holiday and everything that was going on last week. I wake up this morning to find EWCM. Great. Oh well. There is a pretty good shot that I have pelvic abrasions, so I'm trying not to stress out about the missed opportunity. For the first time in more than 10 months I'm actually excited about getting my period in a few weeks. It means we can move forward with the HSG and see what is going on in there. Come on AF!!! (Never thought I'd say that again.)

No comments: