Sunday, July 27, 2008

19 Weeks

I can't believe that I'm already at 19 weeks (actually 19 weeks and 2 days, but who is counting). We had an appointment on Friday with the OB/GYN. It went well, not much to report. We heard the heartbeat again. It is in normally ranges between 149-153 beats per minute. Our next appointment is at the end of August, around 24 weeks.

What is going on with the baby... Gizmo weights about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on the scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

And here are some pictures of me at 19 weeks. I think that there is a different between 17 and 19 weeks.




2 comments:

KT said...

We must figure out a plan...I would love to see this baby bump in person!

Tell Micah I said safe travels...and, I know he'll be working, but have a blast! I'm so jealous! Olympics...in person! Go USA!! (and, um, if he could throw a hot tennis player or perhaps a swimmer in his suitcase & bring one home for me, that'd be super! As you know, I'm totally down with Canadians...and Aussies...and Brits & the Irish...and *L*)

Don't you miss all of my silliness in person? :P Love you & miss you!

Cyndi said...

Can't wait the see the baby bump next month! Maybe you'll let me take some pics???