Friday, October 31, 2008

32 weeks

I know I've been saying it for a while, but I've finally posted new pictures. We got a new camera, which is super nice. It is the Nikon D90, the first SLR digital camera that can take hi-res video (leave it to my husband to be one of the first to purchase this camera). Micah and I are still playing around with the camera to see how it works so we will be all right when Gizmo arrives. Anyways, I'm still trying to get used to the camera so the pictures are not that great. I have 6 weeks to get better:)

As for other updates, I had a doctors appointment yesterday. Everything is going along swimmingly. My blood pressure is a little high, but the doctor didn't seem all that worried about it, so I'm trying not to. She also has me going for another ultrasound before my next appointment to see how the fibriod is doing and to check on the size of the baby. I'm still measuring a week ahead. (I'm secretly hoping that it will mean that she will come a week early - we are all praying for this as well, right?)
Okay, here is what is up with little girl this week. This week the baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


I'll try to get pictures of the nursery up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

My husband is glad you got a Nikon, but I'm a Canon girl. Canon has a dslr that takes video too.
I can recommend some good books for digital photography if you want.

Jennifer said...

Thanks. The Canon DSLR, or at least the one micah was looking at and not on the market yet, is a LOT more expensive. So we went with the Nikon and for the moment are pretty happy with it so far.