Monday, April 7, 2008

Meds messing with my body

This is my third month on the progesterone supplements, and you'd think that I'd be used to the side effects of the medication. I don't why, but the meds are hitting me a lot harder this month that the two previous months. I have had a constant headache for the best two days and I've been completely exhausted for the past two days. (I've almost fallen asleep while waiting in traffic twice.)

And now, the my stomach is a mess. From what I've read, the progesterone can make you constipated. Which is lovely and very unpleasant for a girl with Crohn's disease. One would think that I'd like not having to poop every couple of hours, but when it goes on for days, I just can't deal. I finally tool some medicine, so now I'm dealing with the cramping pains for a laxative. But at least I can poop.

Part of me thinks that maybe, because my symptoms are so bad this month, that I am pregnant. But the other half knows that that this is just wishful thinking. I mean wouldn't that just be funny now that we are finally making plans to move forward with IVF.

Only time will tell. I'm suppose to take a test on Friday, if I can wait that long.

No comments: