Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Babysitter found

I forgot to mention this in my post last night, but we found a babysitter. She is a lovely woman, very grandmotherly. She is certified by the State to provide childcare. Baby Gizmo will be her only infant starting the March (that is when I come back from maternity leave). And the best part, she is within walking distance from our house.

I had interviewed several private in-home nannies and we actually were going to go with someone else, but then she disappeared, stopped returning phone calls and emails. So we started the search again. We found six childcare providers in the area and Micah and I spilt the list to make the phone calls. Micah's calls came up with goose eggs and I lucked out with Joan, who had a opening beginning in March. We met with her and felt like she was a good fit right away. She is even willing to prorate the fee if I decide to go back to work parttime or work a few days a week at home.

We signed the contract and put down our deposit. Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out and it isn't too good to be true!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

It sounds like a good situation. I hope that it works out for you!